Thank you for your interest in employment at Headwaters School!
Our esteemed Faculty are responsible for fostering a positive environment of learning that responds to the particular needs of each child and classroom environment; helping each student in the development of the 5 attributes including well-being, environmental and cultural awareness, self-generated learning, self-expression, and leadership; and helping build a strong sense of community in the classroom and all over campus.
When you join the Headwaters teaching community you will:
- Model a lifelong love of learning;
- Listen for the hopes, dreams, and commitments of our students;
- Nurture compassion and love;
- Hold students to extraordinary academic and social standards; and
- Honor students’ promises with support, reminders, and apology-free delivery of consequences
- As a 501(c)3 non-profit school, Headwaters does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classes protected by federal, state, or local law in its administration of policies regarding eligibility for faculty and staff positions. All applicants are subject to a background check prior to being hired.
Professional Respect: At Headwaters, we have created a family of highly qualified teachers who view education as a sacred occupation. Faculty have freedom and flexibility with regard to much of the course content, texts, and requirements.
Class Size and Teacher Load: Classroom ratios: Young Children’s Community (13:1), Primary (12:1), Elementary (12:1), Middle School (12:1), High School (12:1). At the high school level, the faculty teaching load is normally five or six classes.
Health Benefits: Group medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits for all full-time staff. Headwaters offers a 100% employer paid option with an employer HSA contribution for employee only coverage and subsidizes all medical plans.
Time Off: Flexible paid time off in lieu of traditional vacation, personal days, and sick days.
Paid Medical Leave: Paid time off options in the event of a medical leave for a serious health condition involving employees themselves, their children, or their spouse or partner.
Paid New Child Bonding Leave: It is the School’s policy to honor the family. As part of this policy, the School will supplement an employee’s regular pay for up to 2 weeks to allow bonding time in connection with the birth or adoption of a child.
Paid Jury Duty Leave: Paid time off to allow employees to serve on juries without incurring financial loss.
Paid Bereavement Leave: Up to one week of paid leave in the event of the death of an immediate family member and up to 3 days of paid leave for non-immediate family members.
Supplemental Insurance: Voluntary short-term disability, medical bridge, accident and cancer insurance.
Tuition Discounts: Full-time employees receive a tuition discount.
Retirement Savings: 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. Employer matching contributions enjoy immediate vesting.
Career Support: Support for continuing education opportunities.
Annual Giving Campaign: Our community wide giving campaign provides the school with resources and protects and fosters the diversity of our campuses.
The information above is a summary of our benefit offerings and is subject to change. Employees should refer to the Headwaters Employee Handbook for official policy details.